Really (REALLY) stupid hen

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
I was in the giant coop today and one of the naked necks was about to do something, and I could tell. So I sat down and watched what this clown of a bird was about to do. Then it happened. Mind you here, the coop is 6 feet tall and made of aluminum poles and chain-link fencing. The dumb NN jumped into the air, halfway into the air it backflipped, It then tried to perch upside-down on one of the aluminum poles like a bat perching upside down on a rock. It then fell down after a moment of perching. I have seen the same NN try to perch on many random things before such as faucets only an inch out of the wall, my shoulder, my head, other roosting chickens and more but never that extreme. I never even knew a chicken could backflip but hey apparently they can. Any stories of your dumb chickens?

I have a dumb NN, or maybe she thinks she is clever.
roha.PNG

Every night she tries to sleep outside under a covered area that is just big enough for birds so I have to crawl on my hands and kneed to get her. The covered area is covered in snow and could collapse while I am under there also. She thinks she is special.

I was in the giant coop today and one of the naked necks was about to do something, and I could tell. So I sat down and watched what this clown of a bird was about to do. Then it happened. Mind you here, the coop is 6 feet tall and made of aluminum poles and chain-link fencing. The dumb NN jumped into the air, halfway into the air it backflipped, It then tried to perch upside-down on one of the aluminum poles like a bat perching upside down on a rock. It then fell down after a moment of perching. I have seen the same NN try to perch on many random things before such as faucets only an inch out of the wall, my shoulder, my head, other roosting chickens and more but never that extreme. I never even knew a chicken could backflip but hey apparently they can. Any stories of your dumb chickens?
Do you have any bats in your area? It sounds like they may be a bad influence on your chickens 🤔

:lau

Yeah they not smart sometimes, a seven week old buff Orpington tried to mount his mother. She said nope to that! Also when two hens get in the same box.

You feeding your birds crack or something? I'd be impressed if she figured out how to hang.
The thing I cannot get over is how dumb she was, I never thought a bird would be dumb enough to think a pole 6 feet in the air can be perched upside-down

Seeing the backflip was incredible too, I still can't believe I just saw a bird do a legit backflip. I have been alive for more than 15 years and I have never once had the thought of a bird doing a backflip

Back
Top Bottom