Really worried and dont know whats wrong, please help..

Im so sorry if im not making any sense, I'm just panicking when you think it could be my fault hes not ok..

My country has very strict rules on animal keeping and feeding, so i know the feed I give them are the best I can get around here.
I also know for a fact he barely gets any treats (oatmeal is what i give them rarely and he still only gets a few flakes because of how shy he is.. ) so i dont know what i did wrong..

ive tried so hard to do everything right so i'd never be the reason they ever get sick..

What exactly do you offer your birds to eat each day?

Have you checked him for lice and or mites?

Do you know what Marek's disease is?
Do you know what coccidiosis is?
im so sorry i didnt see the questiom about coccidiosis! I got "RopaPoultry Complete" a few weeks ago because i was scared of that ever happening and it said it could help with it.. Been some almost diarreah looking poops since i started but i was hoping thats normal..

but hes one of the few that barely get any treats because hes so shy.. :(

i always make sure my feeders always have plenty of them and ive put them different places in the coop so everyone (even the shy boy himself) always have access.. i even put a small bowl in their own little safe-house that the other birds dont go into, and i know he eats..

i give them salads and greens and grass and whatever is good for them when i can, but i dont give TREATS every day, nono, that would be bad.. i do try to pay attention to that i have a sheet and lists and everything..

I hear you. When we say treats, they can be just about anything. It could be spinach, beans, tomatoes, watermelon, literally ANYTHING.

If, however, the "treat" upsets the balance of the bird's diet, not matter how good it might be for most every living thing, then the bird does not get the balance it needs.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:
I hear you. When we say treats, they can be just about anything. It could be spinach, beans, tomatoes, watermelon, literally ANYTHING.

If, however, the "treat" upsets the balance of the bird's diet, not matter how good it might be for most every living thing, then the bird does not get the balance it needs.

Does that make sense?
Yeah that makes alot of sense.. On all my lists and saved pictures/pins it says greens and fruits are something i can feed them every day.. So i just thought, oh thats great!
I just cant seem to wrap my head around how he can be a case of this when hes the one who barely gets anything at all ever.. when hes super far down in rank and because hes so shy, polite AND slow..

I just cant seem to wrap my head around how he can be a case of this when hes the one who barely gets anything at all ever.. when hes super far down in rank and because hes so shy, polite AND slow..
If they have all been in the same environment and on the same diet and he's the only one acting sick, then it's not likely the diet that is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom