Rearranging the chickens.

Livinzoo

Songster
13 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Statham, GA
I have way too many cockerels and not enough time to get rid of them. The two that I got rid of were rather tasty. I have 2 barn stalls and a open run that attaches them. I had 10 baby cochins and orphingtons inside one stall without access to the run. In the other side was my 3 BLRW cockerels, 4 BLRW pullets, 1 cochin pullet, 1 welsummer cockerel, and I was down to 6 easter egger cockerels. The welsummer is top dog and the BLRW were the low men on the totem pole. All 3 of my BLRW had got to the point that they rarely venture outside because the easter eggers always jumped them. And all the pullets were getting to that point too. I also have some more babies that outgrew the inside brooder and need to move to the horse stall. So I decided I needed to do something.

We are working on fencing a paddock for the new goats and soon to be pigs. And the goats are temporarily in a large dog pen (18 x 24 feet). So I decided all the cockerels (except the BLRW) could go live with the goats. So I put up a roost inside the hoop house the goats are using for shelter. Moved all the cockerels and then put the babies in their place inside the coop.

So I'm hoping that tomorrow morning everyone will be happy.

I'll update and let you all know.

Last edited:
Crystal, I've been there, with a coop-load of cockerels! Thank goodness, I'm free of my extras at the moment. (BTW, sorry I forgot your name on the list of BYCers Ive met. Dont feel bad, I forgot at least three other people as well, LOL-BRAIN FREEZE!)

Back
Top Bottom