Rebuilding not a choice

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by newchickmom, Apr 20, 2008.

1. newchickmom

newchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We were going to fix up the other old hen house (12' x 16'), just like we did the smaller one (8' x 16'). Well, thats out!
    We started taking the sides off so we could replace the walls and floor. As you can see, the frame is in really bad shape, and it's lopsided from sinking at one end.
    So we decided we would have to tear the whole thing down and build a new one.[​IMG]
    Yeah!![​IMG]
    My husband just looked at me and ask "what did I do to make you mad at me, this will take me most of the summer" [​IMG]

Here is the coop we are taking down. (The young uns may be in the barn for a while)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    the henhouse you was going to rebuild.was to far gone to rebuild.your right in building a new 1.its cheaper in the long run.

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Doesn't look like there is any thing to save. You'll be glad you started fresh.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    No choice there...it has to be replaced. hehehehe New coop time. [​IMG]

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Fun! Fun! Tell your DH it won't take ALL summer. Just most of it!!! He can have August off. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by