Recall

janiedoe

Wrangler
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
May 7, 2017
East Texas
Screenshot_20200303-214959_Chrome.jpg

I'm not a fan of Purina, they have a lot of recalls and bad food. I see the date for this is 02/28/2020. I didn't know that Dumor was really Purina. I need to find a new food for my beloved chickens now. I have avoided Purina dog foods for years! Thanks for the head's up on this.

I'm not a fan of Purina, they have a lot of recalls and bad food. I see the date for this is 02/28/2020. I didn't know that Dumor was really Purina. I need to find a new food for my beloved chickens now. I have avoided Purina dog foods for years! Thanks for the head's up on this.
I still use purina, it is unfortunately, about the only brand that has all flock raiser around here.
I don't buy it for my dogs or my kitten though.

Here's an actual link so you can read more about it,
and find out exactly what formulations and lots were recalled.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-...9zBh8x44YQhghB4Lx7LutA7V3X4PZfYixBS6tYONARdpw
"Company Announcement
Purina Animal Nutrition is initiating a voluntary recall of multiple lots of Purina® Rabbit Feed, Purina® Turkey Feed, Country Acres® Rabbit Feed
and DuMOR® Chick Starter/Grower Feed due to elevated calcium levels in the product.

Purina Animal Nutrition received reports from customers claiming the rabbit products may have resulted in poor health and/or mortality. No reports have been received for the chicken or turkey products listed below.

Elevated calcium carbonate levels can cause health issues and potential mortality in rabbits. Continued feeding of these products may result in death as a result of feed refusal. Elevated calcium carbonate levels in young chickens and turkeys can lead to leg abnormalities and kidney calcification."

Back
Top Bottom