Recently adopted three white chickens

Watolf

Songster
Jun 5, 2023
New Hampshire
I’m little frustrated with fb group that people kept said all is leghorns. But they wasn’t read my description that one of them have gray legs and pea comb. 😭

Please help me identify them! Two of them does look similar leghorn. Expect one. I kept tell myself that one of them are look like mix easter egger or whatever it is.

I haven’t see eggs yet.​

Attachments

• IMG_6627.jpeg
    IMG_6627.jpeg
    560.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6626.jpeg
    IMG_6626.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6625.jpeg
    IMG_6625.jpeg
    569.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6624.jpeg
    IMG_6624.jpeg
    655.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6621.jpeg
    IMG_6621.jpeg
    674.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6620.jpeg
    IMG_6620.jpeg
    690.7 KB · Views: 21
I’m little frustrated with fb group that people kept said all is leghorns. But they wasn’t read my description that one of them have gray legs and pea comb. 😭

Please help me identify them! Two of them does look similar leghorn. Expect one. I kept tell myself that one of them are look like mix easter egger or whatever it is.

I haven’t see eggs yet.​

No Leghorns at all.

You are right that Leghorns do not have pea combs or gray legs. I agree that Easter Egger is likely, and you will know that for sure if she lays blue or green eggs.

As for the other two, with the single combs: Leghorns have white earlobes but your birds have red earlobes. I think your chickens also look more heavily built than Leghorns. They might be White Rocks (white feathers, single combs, red earlobes, yellow legs, dual-purpose body shape, lay brown eggs.)

They could also be a mix of some kind, rather than any specific pure breed. Depending on what breeds are in the mix, just about any set of traits is possible.

When they do lay eggs, of course that can also help you figure out the breeds. Blue or green eggs means Easter Egger, brown eggs vs. white eggs mean various other breeds or mixes.

No Leghorns at all.

You are right that Leghorns do not have pea combs or gray legs. I agree that Easter Egger is likely, and you will know that for sure if she lays blue or green eggs.

As for the other two, with the single combs: Leghorns have white earlobes but your birds have red earlobes. I think your chickens also look more heavily built than Leghorns. They might be White Rocks (white feathers, single combs, red earlobes, yellow legs, dual-purpose body shape, lay brown eggs.)

They could also be a mix of some kind, rather than any specific pure breed. Depending on what breeds are in the mix, just about any set of traits is possible.

When they do lay eggs, of course that can also help you figure out the breeds. Blue or green eggs means Easter Egger, brown eggs vs. white eggs mean various other breeds or mixes.
Thank you!! I had feeling that leghorns should be more skinny and taller and both them doesn’t look like one. Thank for an answer for whole the three hens. 🤗

Thank you!! I had feeling that leghorns should be more skinny and taller and both them doesn’t look like one. Thank for an answer for whole the three hens. 🤗
You're welcome :)

When they do lay eggs, please update this thread. I'm curious to know what color they do lay.

People on FB chicken groups don't have the brains God gave an animal cracker. I've seen them identify a black game hen as a vulture.

I agree that she's likely some sort of egger mix.

There are people here on BYC who know more about caring for chickens' health than many vets do. Need to tube feed a chicken? Set a broken leg? Want to learn how to do bumblefoot surgery? Want to try crop surgery to save a chicken? There are people here who have done this and more, successfully.

And there's no charge when someone shares their knowledge.

That's why I'm here every day. I've learned so much. And made some wonderful friends too.

There are people here on BYC who know more about caring for chickens' health than many vets do. Need to tube feed a chicken? Set a broken leg? Want to learn how to do bumblefoot surgery? Want to try crop surgery to save a chicken? There are people here who have done this and more, successfully.

And there's no charge when someone shares their knowledge.

That's why I'm here every day. I've learned so much. And made some wonderful friends too.
X1,000!!!

Back
Top Bottom