Recently Seperated...Missing MY Pets

Chickaroo!

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
Okay, this is personal, but if anyone has any words of wisdom...
I've been married 10 yrs as of Sept. 19th. On Sept. 7th my husband and I separated. The house we live in is his dad's (in his dad's name) so I am the one who left. When my husband is at work during the weekday, I come to the house to see my 2 dogs and my 8 chickens. On the weekends, I don't get to see them at all. I miss them so much during the weekends that it makes me sick. I'm staying with my dad and I can't take my dogs/chickens to his house. Anyone have any words of wisdom on how to get through this?
Thanks for listening.

That sucks! During my 4 years of by BS degree, I only saw my pets on weekends because I lived on campus 20 miles from home. Now doing my PhD 300 miles away, I see them once every few months or on holidays. It's hard when your animals are in the care of even family but keep you head up. At least you got to keep them and see them for most the week instead of having to sell most of them or all of them off. I went from dozens of animals of many types down to just 14. Maybe you can convince your dad to let them over? I'm sure the relationship part is taking a tough toll on things though. Good luck.

Will you be staying with your dad long term?
Will your soon-to-be ex keep the critters post divorce? Is he cool about you going over to see them?

A lady once described divorce as trying to pull apart 2 peices of paper that had been glued together. Nothing stays whole and intact.

Make some definite plans. If you know the critters won't ever be yours again, then quit visiting them and work towards the future and having pets again one day in your space.

Good luck!

I want to have a place of my own, but financially, it's not an option any time soon. My dad has a little dog and my one dog does not get along with it. As far as the chickens, where my dad lives, I cannot have chickens:( I don't want to not see my pets, as they truly are my children. I would feel like I've abandoned them if I didn't see them anymore
hit.gif

As an old rooster who's been there, done that, got the T-shirt I know how you feel, but I assure you that it will get better. Remember anything that doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Best wishes

Back
Top Bottom