Recipe for deficiency

Redbirdacres

Songster
Mar 22, 2022
Ok here I go again...sorry. When we brought our original three ducklings home, I realized one had a backwards foot. Unsure on sex yet but believe it to be a boy. I've been working since to try to gently work the joint and to supplement it's diet hoping it's not a slipped tendon and possibly niacin/vitamin deficiencies. I noticed that it's other leg is a little bowed too so figured it was worth a shot. S/he gets around pretty well on the joint but if I can fix it, I'd love too. Over the last couple days I noticed the other larger one also seems to be bowing a little. Now yesterday and today I noticed the smaller of the three is also and seems to take a few steps and the plop down (pretty classic sign of a gradual deficiency from what I've been reading right?).

I received this recipe from a moderator/admin in a duck group on fb and have been fixing it twice daily. However, now that I see three of them are struggling, should I increase the amount of vitamins I'm putting in the recipe? Or try something different? My "nubby" guy is perfectly happy to sit and eat in my lap but the little one doesn't want too. I tried peas this afternoon and she had three before she said I'm done with you and gave up :( She'll eat the egg if I put the bowl in the brooder but if I do that then all 7 attack it and I want to make sure those three get the lions share.

This is what I'm using but I also ordered some nutritional yeast that arrived yesterday as well. Please help me help my new babies :(

Attachments

• 20230421_132337.jpg
    20230421_132337.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 14
  • FB_IMG_1682528081096.jpg
    FB_IMG_1682528081096.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230430_145050.jpg
    20230430_145050.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230430_145055.jpg
    20230430_145055.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 1
Can you put the foot in the normal position if so you can make a shoe to hold the foot in proper position.

Try mealworms to give the 1ml over for each one having problems.

If you can put this one into some nice warm water and massage it might help?
also letting this little one swim around in some nice warm water. we call if water therapy.
That's what I want to do but it's so cold here I was told to wait :/

If you can do it in the bath tub with warm water? I know you said you have dogs but just close the door and stay with the little one even 5 minutes would be better than not at all.

If you can do it in the bath tub with warm water? I know you said you have dogs but just close the door and stay with the little one even 5 minutes would be better than not at all.
I'll see what I can do. Do you think I should do 1ml of the B complex for each baby affected?

Back
Top Bottom