Recommend a dog/puppy shampoo to me

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Not one of those turbo dog shampooing systems, just a good quality dog and puppy shampoo.
TIA
smile.png

What have the little buggers gotten into?

We've always used plain ol' Mane & Tail from Fleet Farm. Inexpensive and not real foo-fooey smelling.

Mane and Tail Shampoo and Conditioner - I dilute both with water in a spray bottle
Cowboy Magic Shampoo and Conditioner work great too, diluted as well.

I make a homemade shampoo for my basset hound. It is one part antibacterial soap and one part white vinegar. The hound group is just so stinky. So this is good because it kills bacteria, and the vinegar cuts the soap and rinses the soapy residue from the dog's coat. I think it must feel nice to them too because they really like it. It does keep the stinky hound smell at bay a little longer than other shampoos.

They do smell kinda like a nice fresh salad when they're done! LOL
lol.png

Thanks y'all. The boogers haven't gotten into anything, it's just I like them clean. Only thing wrong with their coats is slobber from each other.

Instead of bathing them (which will remove the oils from their skin) you could just wipe them down with a damp washcloth that was dipped into a bakingsoda/water solution. It will get rid of the drool smell, and would be better than an all out bath which I don't think you want to be doing all the time.

I use the most gentle dog shampoo I can get, one with oatmeal in it so there are no excessive perfumes and possible skin irritations.

Quote:
Yes, I've been looking at Jefferspet catalog at some refreshing sprays to use between baths. I definitely don't want to bath them anymore than necessary, especially since it's still cold out and any baths have to be given in the bathtub. Okay for the little one, not so easy with the 80 lb. pup.

Back
Top Bottom