Recommendations

StellaRella

Chirping
15 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Oregon
Can anyone recommend a good incubator with humidity and temperature control? I was looking at the Rcoms and they look kind of spendy. Any suggestions?

I have a hovabator that automatically sets the temp to 100 D. F when I turn it on (of course I have to wait for it to heat up). You can get a still air for $100.

Humidity control is your problem.

If you want auto-humidity control be prepared to spend.

Brinsea and R-Com both do small incubators that have this, but as you have found out, they are around $400 +

The bonus is that those models do everything *better*. They are much more stable, temperature wise too.

The smaller table-top incubators all work, but require more operator input (input is not the same as *fiddling*)
lau.gif

They are much cheaper tho.

you pays yer money, and takes yer choice.

I have a new Hova model 1583 that is holding humidity and temps like a charm...I think the whole thing with turned was around 150 to 160 dollars it was a christmas gift.....

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your responses. I am seriously thinking about going with a R-com as this is a hobby I am definately passionate about. I think the convienence is worth the money for me. I have a Brower Top Hatch and the only thing I have hatched out is some Bobwhite quail and that didn't turn out so well
hit.gif
I am just afraid to try again.

Last edited:
I like the GQF 1583 (wafer model) and the GQF 1588 (preset electronic thermostat model). I also love the Sportsman by GQF. Whatever you do, make sure it has a fan, which is what helps maintain consistent temps.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom