Recommended incubators for temp and humidity control?

Yep, LG 's have a really bad reputation....
It is usually the temps that cant be regulated.

People do talk up the Hovabators & Brinsea models,
which are smaller than the cabinet types.
There should be alot of reviews on here if you do a search
at the top with the search tool..

I have a Dickey cabinet so I cant give much about the others
I mentioned

I'm looking at the Brinsea Octagon 20 advanced and the Advanced EX model. Kinda pricey. I'm doing some research on the difference and need for the additional humidity attachment. For the price they better better last a long time to get my investment back. I'll post what I find out. I'll be watching this post for suggestions too....

-JOE-

http://www.reptipro.com/reptile-supplies/incubators/reptipro-6000-incubator.html
Introducing the all new 2012 ReptiPro 6000 Digital Egg Incubator
The Perfect Incubator for all types of Eggs including Bird and Reptile.

After several years of feedback from our customers we are glad to announce the all new ReptiPro 6000. This updated model features all the great aspects of the ReptiPro 5000 as well as some updates that make it an even more effective unit for hatching eggs of all types.

The main updates to this unit over the ReptiPro 5000 are the following:

* Updated exterior styling
* Updated clear shelves and water tray
* Recessed fan housing allowing more interior space
* Increased fan power for better temperature distribution
* Built in power converter in back of unit so it is no longer inline on the power cord

Features:

* Sleek and stylish exterior
* Chrome accents
* All digital temperature controls
* Large LED Temperature Readout (Fahrenheit)
* Constantly running internal fan for even temperature distribution
* Interior LED light for easy inspection
* Double paned front viewing window
* 2 shelves included
* 3 shelf positions
* Carry handle
* Car adapter (cigarette lighter style)
* Add egg turners at any time (sold separately)
$149.97

ReptiPro 6000 Incubator with 1 egg turner hold 16 eggs
$199.97

ReptiPro 6000 incubator with 2 egg turners hold 32 eggs
$249.97

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-incubator-with-two-automatic-egg-turners/10

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/616987/reptipro-5000-hatch-a-long

I'm putting my eggs before the chickens. I'm looking at incubators to hatch eggs from chickens I don't even have yet. 2 are on the way. 2 different auction bids waiting on outcomes. There is an incubator section with some reviews. Just in case you haven't looked at it. Which you probably have. https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/category/egg-incubators On some of them do a coin toss. 1 person will love it and another will hate it.

Last edited:
I am also looking for something better than the used hovabator 1602n I was given to try. I can't get it to stay a steady temp and am always worried I am going to cook my little babies. This is my second hatch (Easter hatchalong) first one was stressful and I only got 11 out of 30. I'll have a look at that reptipro.

I have the Brinsea 20 Octagon with auto turner. I'm going through my first successful hatch with this incubator right now. It's really dummy proof as long as you don't over-think things. The temperature is regulated, and it has a humidity gauge on it, so you can easily adjust if needs be. Brinsea also has a humidty attachment so that everything is automatic. I got mine for $250, but the bright side is that it's under warranty.
The only con I've noticed is keeping the humidity up for hatch time. I've found that I have to put in a warm, wet washcloth and then just apply warm water to it every day for the hatch days to keep my humidity up over 65. This could be the time of year however, and my location. I do think the temp might run a little low, since all my hatches were a few days late, but my chicks seem healthy, and you can adjust the temp if you need to.

If you've got the money for it, I would really recomend this Incubator. It's simple, it's under warranty if something does go wrong. The only role you play is the occassional water bringer and unplugging the machine at the end.

Back
Top Bottom