Recovering and getting ready to trail ride

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
As many of you know, I had surgery 3 weeks ago. I'm healing pretty good. I'm sore but improving. I went to the doctor yesterday. He said that I can go horseback riding and take it easy. I might get a bit sore but I won't hurt anything. He also said that DH would have to lift the saddle and he will have to help me into the saddle. I guess no heavy lifting means not hoisting my fat butt up into the saddle. So last night I started getting ready. My big accomplishment was actually being able to put on a pair of jeans. Because of the surgery, I have been wearing sweat pants and my fat girl slacks. Most of my jeans are still a bit too tight to be comfortable where the incision is, but my hot pink pair seems OK. On another positive note, I am actually able to bend over far enough now to put my own socks on.
big_smile.png

If the weather cooperates, we will go to a park to ride. Two other couples are going. One of the other ladies is being treated for colon cancer and had surgery last spring. She has to be careful too. She and I both ride very short horses. I suppose people will think we are dorks because they will see our husbands put the saddles on for us and help us get on. My horse is about 13h & 3inches tall so she is very short. My friend's horse isn't much taller. It will look silly, but WTH. My horse is a great horse. She doesn't spook easy and moves along pretty slow. My friend's horse is the same way. We have told the others that are going to ride with us that we will make no effort to keep up if they go too fast. We will ride along slowly and our husbands will hang back with us. We will ride in the morning, and then I will probably need a nap and time to lay there and groan, "What was I thinking?" I love to ride. I haven't ridden since before the surgery. I'm going crazy.

Back
Top Bottom