Recycled Counter Coop.. :-)

mybelle5

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 19, 2008
Memphis TN
Fortunately for us .. Memphis is the dumping capital for junk.

When driving to a feed store to see if they had premade coops just to get an idea what they went for before we spent 100's of dollars making one.. I looked over and noticed a pile of junk laying in a parking lot.. I thought, dang this might work.. We threw the counter in the truck along with a ton of wood dumped too.. We did purchase the tin roofing, a few 2 x 4 for the run and some chicken wire. Everything else was recycled including the exterior paint.. I'm very happy and hopefully my new pullets I pick up next Saturday will be happy too.. I have to give all the credit to my dear hubby and my son.. They Rock!

19961_before_coop.jpg

19961_halfway.jpg

19961_p1030009.jpg

19961_p1030001.jpg

Awesome
big_smile.png

I love recycling. Here is my recycled duck hut and pen
(Ignore my hubby's sarcastic commentary. And we were still cleaning. darn city kid!)

Last edited:
I had a counter top, no drawers or anything under, given to me from a friends store closing. Its about 3 1/2 feet high, elbow height. With some old screens and chicken wire I turned it into Chicken General Hospital with my roo was limping. I thinking it will work well for confinement if I get more chickens too or for chicks. Congrats, its all about what you can do with what you can find.

woot.gif

That's cute I used my old kitchen cabnets in my coop building as well, to create a little door I can open to check the floor and water levels and fill them when needed. I love it. I can open it in the middle of night with out disturbing the girls.

Back
Top Bottom