Red earlobe turning white?

I’m very interested in how this progressed? Mine had just the same but I’ve not really figured it out? Applied athletes foot cream and it turned brown, very slightly crusty. Visible over her head and upper neck. Taking a long time to resolve. She also went off her food and had weight and feather loss which is coming back slowly. Her sister didn’t although her sister also developed this white on her ear lobe. Just the pair of them.

I’m very interested in how this progressed? Mine had just the same but I’ve not really figured it out? Applied athletes foot cream and it turned brown, very slightly crusty. Visible over her head and upper neck. Taking a long time to resolve. She also went off her food and had weight and feather loss which is coming back slowly. Her sister didn’t although her sister also developed this white on her ear lobe. Just the pair of them.
Hi @juliamichell
Is this the same hen you had a thread about recently?
I do agree with the others on the thread that likely Marek's is the cause of the skin condition and eye issue. If you have photos of the white on the earlobe, that would be good. Often a small patch of white on an earlobe is color leakage. This can be seen in hybrids or hatchery birds.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/favus-or-thrush.1496525/

Back
Top Bottom