Red Foxes! How do I get rid of them?

Pics
We just built a very big and strong chicken run. Call it "Fort Clucks". 4x4 as posts, tall ones, cattle fencing with metal hard ware cloth all around the bottom so raccoons can't reach in and snatch babies. Then 1 inch chicken wire over all the open top, with guide wires to help hold it up, because of hawks. We patrol the field while armed when we let the chickens out, due to fox and hawk. This is all we can do.

Not good at all our outer pen is only 4' tall and is just a hop for the fox to get in. I told my Husband that we either cut the trees down in that pen and build

Not at all there are trees in the pen that are shade for them the fence is only 4' and just a hop to the fox to get in. I've told my Husband that we have to cut them down and build a totally covered pen possibly buying a carport covering to use as the top. So unless we kill them they won't stop and we must build a completely enclosed pen/coop for them and not be sure that they could free range safety again. :(
My neighbor had an issue similar to yours and he killed one and hasn't had any problems since. Same thing with coyotes.

As someone who could never kill an animal without feeling horrible, even I would be fine with a fox being killed. After they murdered all my girls back in October I have no feelings but hate for them. In Australia they are a pest and also have killed native animals. And in response to something I saw while reading this topic (post 56 if anyone is interested regarding foxes suffering from traps) how do you think the chickens that they murdered felt? Don't you think they felt pain too? If they killed my girls they deserve to suffer honestly. And I get sad when I step on a snail. I can't feel bad for something that caused me so much pain and sadness. I will never get to see my chicks grow up or my beautiful girl Dookey who's in my profile picture ever again. She survived 2 prior fox attacks in the middle of sunny days. We eventually couldn't even let them outside of their cage during the day without supervision. Foxes didn't come back for over 9 months from then till October. I wish a painful death on that bastard fox.

Back
Top Bottom