Red Golden Pheasants

I had always heard they were fine with chickens and was planning on keeping mine together. What is the danger of keeping them together?

Whoever told you that was wrong.Pheasants can pick up diseases very easy,and chickens,turkeys and ducks can be the worst enemies for your pheasants.If you want healthy birds,keep them away from your chickens,worm them at least 2 times a year and give them antibiotics at least 4 times a year.
In N.H.,Tony.
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the info you have posted. Can pheasants and peacocks be kept together or is that frowned upon for the same reasons they shouldn't be kept with chickens, turkeys or ducks?

No peafowl are fine.
In N.H.,Tony.
Quote:

Thanks for the info you have posted. Can pheasants and peacocks be kept together or is that frowned upon for the same reasons they shouldn't be kept with chickens, turkeys or ducks?

I would keep them as far apart as you can,worm them and about a week later give them antibiotics(terrrimycin or duramycin).The next week give them cranberry juice straight out of the bottle and then back to water.Then 30 days later worm them again to kill the cycle.
In N.H.,Tony.

I personally would house them by themselves.Peafowl and pheasants get along as long as they are not crowded.I would not house them with any other then peafowl.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom