Red little worms in water and Chicken ill!* UPDATE *

Ha, Some of my chickens aren't very tame but i will give it ago thank you.
smile.png

Daisy.xx

Sorry you might be getting sick on this...
She came out the hutch on her own todday but was very slow. She seems to be eating a bit but still very runny poop. She spends a lot of her time at the side asleep..
Not improved much and shes now been like this for 6 ish days..
sad.png

Thanks for your help!
smile.png

Daisy. xx

Thanks for the update. If she's still moving about, eating, and pooping, those are good signs. Mites and Lice can literally suck the life out of them. Sometimes it takes awhile to get their strength back.

When I dust with Sevin, I pour the dust in an old pillowcase, then place the chicken in the pillowcase with the head sticking out. I wrap the case around her neck and then gently shake her. I also make sure to get some dust under the wings and around the vent. It is also important to clean out the coop and dust in there, then put down new bedding. Repeat the whole process in 10 days to kill anything that hatched since the first dusting.
Good luck!

She is still pooping and eating a bit but not moving too much. Im worried about the lice. Im going away on friday for 1 week and i can't get any sevin dust i only have total mite killer powder..
Are there any natural remedies i could maybe try?
I was think about trying the pillow case idea and i might tomorrow!
Thanks.
Daisy. xx

This sevin 5% stuff sounds good everyones saying to get it! I can't get it though..
She seems to be recovering slowly. She has less mites/lices on her than a couple of days ago. All of the chickens seem to have them but i put the mite killer on them and they all went but the ill chicken seems to still have them espically under her wings. I have sprinkled some mite killer under her wings and hoping they go soon.. She is exstremly thin though.
Daisy.xx

Back
Top Bottom