Red mite on human

Cocohennypenny

Chirping
May 31, 2020
Hi everyone so my chickens are currently going through the red mite situation however I’m dealing with it quickly I had cleaned out there coop with home products using fairy soap scrubbing it onto the coop , using vinegar on the coop then boiling water to clean it out and lastly flea repellent the next day I had chicken flea spray to clear out the chicken coop and the surrounding area as well as directly onto the chickens as instructed. The coop seems to be clearing out very well and I don’t see mites just a few remaining and I will have another mite spray coming tomorrow to spray over the coop and chickens again. The issue is I have noticed I have red mites on me now I use gloves whenever I go out and clean things or handle the chickens I been having showers everyday but still have them I’m afraid they maybe have come into the house aswell how do I treat this mess it’s hard enough treating the chickens but now me!

Those that get on you shouldn't be able to survive without the chicken host. Shower, and wash your clothes. Generally with mites you need to treat all birds and wood cracks in the coop weekly for 3-4 weeks. I personally prefer the powder.

I have looked online it’s said that they can survive without a feed for 8 months and produce eggs even get into homes I done the regularly showers everyday after handling the chickens and cleaning the coop but it hasn’t made a difference even after showers I’m still finding mites on me!

Hello, I too have the mites in my bed now. My wife doesn't get bite but I do every night. how did you clear them out?

The rotten little things will crawl all over you, live in your favorite chair, your bed, etc and bite you and every other human they come in contact with, however they will ultimately die and disappear from inside. They need birds to survive and cannot survive off us - timeframe is one to two weeks. I would recommend getting changed after every interaction with the chooks and have a shower if you can. Been there and done that and still have nightmares lol

Did you get rid of the mites? Did they leave by themself?
I tried to rescue an abandoned chick with mites and now I’m being bit in bed! Showered right after and everything.
Also do you know if they can attatch themself to mice? I have pet mice too and I don’t know if hey will find their way there.

I don't know where any of you live but this will kill them.
Red mite won't survive on your body and a shower or bath will remove those that have not got trapped in your clothing. Of course you need to wash your hair.
Any Permethrin based inscticide will kill red mite. The one mentioned below is used on clothing which does come into contact with the skin.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifesystem...A,B082JHQ124,B00AELWFFS,B07KK7XZYV,B07FS54PPV

Back
Top Bottom