Red Partridge Orpington informational hatch thread

I agree, they still look like pullets to me too, but I am very much a novice and am using your photo-heavy thread to educate myself! My EEs seemed to switch genders daily two years ago up to about 5 months old, so I need all the help I can get! šŸ˜„
What kind of combs do your EEā€™s have? I find that anything other than the classic regular single comb can be quite hard to sex until fairly late. Single combs get pretty obvious at a certain point.

I visited the boys over the weekend. Comparing them to the girls is very helpful. They make the 3 I kept look even more female šŸ˜ I couldnā€™t get a good picture, but hereā€™s one. Iā€™ll go back soon and take better pictures.

E4CEA679-84A6-49F6-917A-908932CAE96E.jpeg

Blinky in the foreground, Lemonade in the background. Itā€™s been 3 weeks since we parted, but I think they still remember me. They perked up at my voice and came to me, but my kids ran into the coop all loud and stompy and scared them away šŸ˜ž I want to go back for another visit, in peace and quiet without the kids.

A lot of my EEs have "dinky" little combs like this. Very small, forward combs. Like, half a comb. Is this a pea comb? I don't see anything I would call a "row" of anything. Some seem to have nothing at all, or almost nothing. All my EEs were two years old in March and I believe all are laying, although not every single day. I think I have 8 EEs and I usually get 5 to 7 green eggs a day.

Back
Top Bottom