Red Sex Links not laying 26wks

Thank you everyone. I don't think they're hiding the eggs, there's no real nooks and crannies in my coop or runs. They keep getting more spoiled with treats and improvements the longer they take to lay. By the time they do, they'll be living in a castle. I'll post back when the big day comes!

I bet they are younger than you think. They look about 17-18 weeks to me, which means they should start laying anytime. My Red Stars started laying between 15 and 18 weeks. All of my girls started laying within a couple of weeks of doing the squat.

UGCM

The second one looks just like my red sex link girl who just started laying , the others looks a bit younger .. you are close . But they are NOT 29 weeks old . I would say between 17-20 , my girl was 20 weeks to the day when she layed her first egg . Be patient , the egg will come !

Very pretty girls. Hope you get some eggs soon!
smile.png

They are pretty girls but I think they are just a bit younger than the person told you. Their combs look like they are just now starting to get bigger.

Are they all shades of red and white? I have 5 Redsexies and each one has a different amout of read and white. One looks almost like my RIR but another looks like old lace as the red is only in the veining of her feathers

Yep they were younger than what you were told. They also are not ready to lay yet. Fasces are not red combs and wattles are just turing red. Give it a couple more weeks then you will get eggs. Not to worry soon you will have more eggs than you know what to do with.

I think they are younger than you were told too. I have 7 gold sex links with three at 19 weeks today the other 4 are 16 weeks. I just got my first egg yesterday from one of the 19 week old girls. Here is her picture for you. Be patient. It will happen soon!

29972_stripes_8-25-09_layed_first_egg.jpg

I have 8 Red Stars and they are 24 weeks. They look very much the same as yours. Only one of mine has started laying, five days so far. I'm still waiting on the other 7.

Back
Top Bottom