Red Stars??

Since both breeds are good egg layers, they should produce offspring as good or better than both parents. Hybrids have to "nick" in order to produce hybrid vigor or offspring that are superior than the parents. If the cross nicks then the offspring will be a superior layer.

I have made the cross and I am thinking about making the cross in the future. I had to sell the birds before they started laying eggs so I could not study their production rate.

The eggs from the hybrid will be a light brown or tinted brown color.

Tim

Last edited:
sorry to bring this up again but "REDHOOK" im with you... Two "ROO" together....... of any breed aint gonna be producing much...
lol.png

tadkerson I just want to say thanks for straightening me out about genetics. I do have quite a bit to learn and one of these days may like to study it. From now on though I think I'll stay away from posting in any thread about genetics/breeding if I don't have the personal knowledge or experience.
tongue.png
Glad you made the comments on the link as well. You sound very knowledgeable.
big_smile.png

Try the link now.

LOL ....I wrote in too.
lol.png

I sent the lady a private email. I also commented that the result of crossing the red or black "stars" would not result in any particular breed of chicks. as she had written in nos 3 & 4.​

Krys,

wink.png

Frogy,

Keep on asking questions. You do not know how many times individuals have asked if a white leghorn can be used in a red sex linked cross.

A female silver leghorn and red leghorn male will work.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom