Red-tailed Hawk

wildpeas

Songster
7 Years
Mar 18, 2012
Port Orchard, Wa
There was a red-tailed hawk hanging around today. How much of a threat is it to my (yarded) adult ducks? It didn't try anything and the crows finally irritated it enough that it flew off but I am a bit concerned.

I lost an adult Peking (12-13 lb) to a hawk a few weeks ago. She wasn't carried off, but eaten where she was caught. I have pictures of her post mortem exam, but I don't believe you want to see the damage a hawk can do to a duck.

Take the precautions you can live with in a worse case scenario.

There was a red-tailed hawk hanging around today. How much of a threat is it to my (yarded) adult ducks? It didn't try anything and the crows finally irritated it enough that it flew off but I am a bit concerned.
Hawks are a very big threat to ducks especially if their out in the open. Since the leaves have all fallen off the trees mine won't hardly leave their fenced in property which is fine with me. Hawks are all over here too. At least the chickens run for cover, the ducks just stand stalk still and watch. which means they are out in the open and very vunerable.

Back
Top Bottom