Reds white and other

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sylverfly, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    So I was wondering do true Rhode Island reds and Rhode Island whites lay close to the same as Production Reds meaning lots of eggs or at least consistent weekly laying. My production reds layed great all year, but they are retired and now live as pets at another home, and my current layers lay very badly. I’m getting 1-3 eggs a day from 20 birds. So I want to get some new layers while keeping a nice looking flock. So what’s everyone’s experience with these, how many eggs do you get a week from your RIR/RIW and Production reds. Thanks.

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:I dont have enough experience with the breeds you are wanting to know about to answer your question but I would suggest editing your subject line to something like Heritage Vs Production Reds Laying Habits becuase to me " Reds white and other " has no correlation with your question and it may be over looked or disregarded by those who do have these breeds and could help you if your subject line is not clear as to what your question is. Just a suggestion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by