reeves aggresiveness

Looks like he got you pretty good
yep he did
smile.png

Hi guys! I currently have goldens and amhersts and was thinking about getting some Reeves. I have read a lot about how mean they get and was wondering if they are still aggressive if there are no hens around. If I just kept a bachelor pen with two or three males would they kill each other? Thanks a bunch!

Tony
I have a male reeves pheasant. He has the greatest personality. He is very sweet, loves to cuddle, and gets along with my other birds. He loves to be a lap bird and get attention. All around great bird. Hope this helps.

Does he have any hens with him?Mine would fly to the opposite end of the pen when I first got him,3 months later hes flying at me.As long as he produces chicks I will tolerate him.
In N.H.,Tony.

Mine just want to kill me every time I enter their pen. Don't dare turn your back or you will get attacked but they are all great with their hens.
Corona, was ok up until the last few days that I saw him...he started to get aggressive towards me those last few days. I think that's what did 'him in'...tried it with a predator and the predator won!
Had another male about 3 years before Corona that was attacked by a feral cat...the cat's guts were ripped out and he died of a slashing wound to the neck. Found both the bird and the cat laying next to each other. :eek:
last pic of Corona
20210716_181243.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom