1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Registering Chickens?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Bec, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

A friend of mine just told me that there is a new thing that says that anyone who owns chickens must register them through the department of agriculture??????

Anyone heard of this???

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She must be talking about the NAIS. Go to www.nonais.org and you'll find a full explanation of the National Animal ID System.

3. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I can't speak for everyone, only poultry folks in Wi.
    We have a mandatory law to register our premise, not our chickens. While alot of folks don't comply with the law, the consequences they are subject to is yet to be determined.

I abide by all the laws whether I like them or not. I never have to look over my shoulder for anything, and I like it that way.

My premises have been registered for 3 years at no cost and no changes in the way I live, or my chickens. Confrontation doesn't skare me or deter me from what is right....boycott all you want....just don't preform strongarm tactics in my direction. I'm not looking your way, and I won't argue a no win debate.

bigzio

4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Ahh, Ok I see, I went on and read what I needed to see...

Thank You!![​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by