Regulations in Louisiana

Picked quail eggs or quail processed meat. However if you are not selling for them to be resold. Example, to a restaurant or store. You can sell them in Louisiana. So you can sell at the farmers market, your home, roadside stand, or out your truck.

Picked quail eggs or quail processed meat. However if you are not selling for them to be resold. Example, to a restaurant or store. You can sell them in Louisiana. So you can sell at the farmers market, your home, roadside stand, or out your truck.

I mean are you going to try pickling?

I went and ate a dozen after replying to this Saturday. :)

Hey Derrin, I will be watching this thread. Something I would like to do in the future. When you say eggs for consumption, are you going to try pickling? I love me some pickled quail eggs. Wife makes awesome pickled quail eggs. :drool

Would your wife be willing to share her recipe? My husband loves pickled eggs but I haven't found the right recipe yet.

Sorry, going to take a little longer. Wife says I can't give to you until she re-types it. Says she has notes written all over and you will never make sense of it.

Hope I can type it up tomorrow. :)

Oh I get it lol. Thank you much, and to your wife as well! Whenever you have time, my quail aren't laying yet so no rush.

Today I checked with four agencies before I found out about shipping eggs, fertile eggs, and live birds. Wanted to make sure if I needed to be NPIP certified. I will try to post later the exact text I finally received but short answer is no NPIP for quail needed. Unless shipping internationally.

Have family around Calcasieu. Once you are up and going, will be interested in hatching eggs. Any idea what price you will sell the meat?
I'm building the cage. OK, I've started laying out the wood for a cage build in December. Plans!

Best of wishes for your new enterprise!

:frow im located near port allen and just getting back into poultry. I really appreciate your info share. Is there anything else you've learned and would like to add? About how many birds do you have?

Back
Top Bottom