Rehoming Araucana Cockerels

Arcane Araucana

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 14, 2010
Fort Mohave
Hi all, I'm new here so I hope I have this posted in the right forum. I have 7 rumpless aruacana chicks that are now 9 weeks old. 4 of the 7 may be males and I will need to rehome them. I really would prefer that they go to live somewhere to start a new flock instead of ending up in a pot. Any suggestions, ideas on how I go about finding good homes for them? We live in the tri-state area (Arizona, California, Nevada). I'd prefer not to ship them, and I have no idea if I should "sell" them or just give them away. My birds are very friendly and quite spoiled and it breaks my heart that I can't keep them all, and can't afford to move so that I could. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I think you might want to put this in the "Buy/Sell/Auction" section, or perhaps also in the Breeds section.

I'm in the same boat with 6 or maybe 7 little roo chicks I need to find new homes for just as soon as possible. One starting crowing this week (the rusty door hinge sound).

Try craigslist. Here in California true araucana roo's on craigslist go for anywhere from $10.00 to $ 40.00 depending on how good they look and if they have tufts.

Lanae

I would take them in a heartbeat if I was closer
hmm.png

Also welcome to BYC
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom