Rehoming young rooster

Hi and welcome to BYC. You have received good suggestions as far as rehoming your cockerel terrorist. He is unfortunately not a great candidate for finding a new home with other hens. Though his hormones may settle with age, there are already far too many more gentlemanly males that never find good homes. Please do separate him from your hens asap until you figure out what to do with him. To be blunt, most males with temperaments such as his soon find homes in people's freezers.

Welcome. I live in SC as well. I have 3-roosters, and happen to have one that is a bantam buff brahma and is 15-weeks old. I have had to separate him because he is terrorizing the silkies (frankly, the only ones he can successfully mate with). I will not be rehoming him because I believe and have experience with immature roosters. For my silkies, I have separated him for now, but, I will be working with him and believe that he will be back with the flock within the next month. I am the last person who will tell you to rehome or kill a rooster - I don't believe there are any bad roosters, just ones that may need a little more time and love. If you want more information on my technique, please PM me.

Welcome. I live in SC as well. I have 3-roosters, and happen to have one that is a bantam buff brahma and is 15-weeks old. I have had to separate him because he is terrorizing the silkies (frankly, the only ones he can successfully mate with). I will not be rehoming him because I believe and have experience with immature roosters. For my silkies, I have separated him for now, but, I will be working with him and believe that he will be back with the flock within the next month. I am the last person who will tell you to rehome or kill a rooster - I don't believe there are any bad roosters, just ones that may need a little more time and love. If you want more information on my technique, please PM me.
Yes any help would be appreciated. I did remove him so at least the girls have some peace

Back
Top Bottom