Reintegrating Roosters After Fight

You have to watch them. I would never house the two of them together in a tiny coop/run setup unless you can be out there to open the run before any of them come off the roosts in the morning. That is great recipe for a nasty fight.
Even if they don't 'fight to the death', you will constantly be in a situation where you have to doctor injured birds. I agree with @Eggcessive that more "gamey" bantams are typically more likely to be male to male aggressive and IMO your best option is to rehome one of the boys. It will be easier for all involved.
This.

Truthfully roosters seldom go back, to how they were before. Once they start, they tend to keep on. People often think they can cheat on space by allowing them to 'free range'. But they are not like a dog, in that if they get a lot of exercise, they are happy to come in and sleep.

Space is a show of dominance in the chicken wold, ALL of the TIME. Regardless what you think, they are telling you the don't have enough space and one of the birds should go. Putting them in a too small of coop - I am estimating that 2 full size birds could be in that coop, maybe 3. If you have bantams, maybe four HENS. IMO full grown roosters take more room than hens.

Being raised together has almost no influence on how birds will get along at maturity. They seldom are BFF. It won't keep them from fighting.

If this is the reality of your coop - you should remove both roosters and just keep hens. That really works much better in small coops and flocks.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom