Reintroducing Myself

Kelsykin

Formal Chicken
13 Years
Oct 10, 2009
USA
We first started Raising chickens back in 2010 or 2011. At this point the start is a bit fuzzy. Crazy how much things can change in a few years. We have raised over the years Barred Plymouth Rocks, Jersey Giants, Faverolles, Orpingtons, Welsummers, Silkies, Sebrights, D'Uccles, and Nankins.
Currently, we have twenty-one, five-week-old chicks that are growing like weeds. I have another twenty-five chicks coming in about two weeks. We have Black Sex Link, California White, Cuckoo Marans, Buff Orpingtons and Silver Grey Dorkings. I am hoping to add Brahmas, Nankins and some Silkies to the flock in the next year.
At this point I could not even tell you how I found BYC let alone when I found the site. That would be an amazing thing if I could remember that. I have days I wonder what I am doing in this house with all these small people who keep insisting on calling me Mom. There are 6 children in the house. I know in a few years they will be moving out and on their own. Part of me is waiting for that day and a big part of me wants them to stay little and never leave.
We have 9 cats, 3 indoor cats, 1 indoor/outdoor and 5 that are outdoor only. There are 3 dogs. 1 is a Saint mix that is at least 10 years old, a 5 yr old yorkie, and an 8 month old yorkie. We have 9 rabbits, 2 American Guinea hogs, 3 Mangalitsa Hogs, 2 goats and 4 sheep. Two of the sheep are ewes we will be breeding and the two males that are related to the ewes will be sold at auction come the fall.
I knit a variety of things. ATM I knit teddy bears that I put up online for sale. I also love to bake from scratch. I read a ton. Currently I have 6 different books I am reading. I am insane about reading everyday. The minions have to read a minimum of one hour every day. Several of them grumble the entire time.

We first started Raising chickens back in 2010 or 2011. At this point the start is a bit fuzzy. Crazy how much things can change in a few years. We have raised over the years Barred Plymouth Rocks, Jersey Giants, Faverolles, Orpingtons, Welsummers, Silkies, Sebrights, D'Uccles, and Nankins.
Currently, we have twenty-one, five-week-old chicks that are growing like weeds. I have another twenty-five chicks coming in about two weeks. We have Black Sex Link, California White, Cuckoo Marans, Buff Orpingtons and Silver Grey Dorkings. I am hoping to add Brahmas, Nankins and some Silkies to the flock in the next year.
At this point I could not even tell you how I found BYC let alone when I found the site. That would be an amazing thing if I could remember that. I have days I wonder what I am doing in this house with all these small people who keep insisting on calling me Mom. There are 6 children in the house. I know in a few years they will be moving out and on their own. Part of me is waiting for that day and a big part of me wants them to stay little and never leave.
We have 9 cats, 3 indoor cats, 1 indoor/outdoor and 5 that are outdoor only. There are 3 dogs. 1 is a Saint mix that is at least 10 years old, a 5 yr old yorkie, and an 8 month old yorkie. We have 9 rabbits, 2 American Guinea hogs, 3 Mangalitsa Hogs, 2 goats and 4 sheep. Two of the sheep are ewes we will be breeding and the two males that are related to the ewes will be sold at auction come the fall.
I knit a variety of things. ATM I knit teddy bears that I put up online for sale. I also love to bake from scratch. I read a ton. Currently I have 6 different books I am reading. I am insane about reading everyday. The minions have to read a minimum of one hour every day. Several of them grumble the entire time.

hi fernie!!

got any pictures of all these birds and your coop set/up we could see?
please and thank you.

Last edited:
hi fernie!!

got any pictures of all these birds and your coop set/up we could see?
please and thank you.

We can get trailer loads of used shipping crates for cheap.
The mini coop hut

Coop Hut.jpg

The chicks

Chicks 1.jpg

Chicks 2.jpg

oh god how i love my barred rocks i even dress them up in skirts to show them off on youtube!

oh god how i love my barred rocks i even dress them up in skirts to show them off on youtube!

My favorites so far are the Jersey Giants, Orpingtons, and Faverolles. We have yet to settle on just tone or two breeds. Our plan is to have 2 or 3 breeds and just raise those.

Back
Top Bottom