.Relay for Life Quilt Completed

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by CoyoteMagic, May 5, 2011.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Ok, not totally. I've got a couple of little things to do but it will be ready for tomorrow nights Relay event!!!

[​IMG]

I went with the pink sashing that had words like Courage, Hope, Fight, etc.... written on it. For the binding, I took the rainbow material that I used for the extra fabric I needed on the back and folded it over the front.

[​IMG]

I've written the names of different types of cancer on the background blocks along with a few folks that I have lost to this monster. I'm taking perm. markers with me tomorrow and going to have those that buy a Raffle Ticket add the name off a survivor, fighter or memory on the spaces on the back.

Thanks ladies for working on this with me!! So far it's earned $265 for Relay for Life. We will be selling tickets at the event tomorrow and hopefully earn even more.

If anyone wants to help with next years quilt, here's the link to the Block Swap. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=478003

UNTIL
    THERE IS A CURE, THERE IS NO FINISHLINE!!

2. luvmesomechicks

luvmesomechicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Nice quilt. My wife volunteered for that RFL last year. This year she talked me into it as well. We will be pulling an all nighter and I will be in charge of sports from what im being told. Really looking forward to it!

3. NurseELB

NurseELB Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    [​IMG]

Very meaningful, and BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thank you for all the time you spent on that. You are a special person with a wonderful talent. [​IMG]

4. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

It turned out beautiful! I can't wait to get my set so I can make mine for our relay in June!

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:I included a little something you can put on the back of the quilt if you like

I lasted until 1:30am. Cold and damp, just couldn't stick it out any longer. I got one of the ladies who was working the event to draw the winning raffle ticket. Winner is my nephew who lives in Bahrain (he's with the Navy) We raised a total of $385 for the quilt and someone wants me to make them one of these that they are willing to pay for. Have to figure out what it's worth so I know what to charge him. Any
    ideas?

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    GREAT JOB !!!!!! Thank for help fighting this disease......hope one day they will be able to cure all types of cancer

8. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    Beautiful. I have a friend in my fibro group who's currently fighting breast cancer. She's a fighter. So strong. You did a great job. [​IMG]

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    That came out really NICE Coyote!!! [​IMG]

10. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

I got my Relay quilt top pieced last night. I just have one more thing to add today, then I'll get it ready to quilt. Rosie's mom and some others are organizing a 5K to go along with our Relay in June and they're going to raffle off the quilt. [​IMG] Thanks so much for getting me into this swap, Cindi! I don't think you'll find me doing any other applique swaps for a long time, though! Lol. Thanks for the Relay patch you included, too! Where did you get that? I hope to try to do a quilt every year now hopefully and I'd love to have some of those to use each year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by