Remember my BR, Ivy, Dying of Internal Laying?

Quote:
Again, great info...
fl.gif
for a LONGGGGG life for IVY!!

Wow, great news about Ivy. May 2009 be a good year for you and your birds.

Cyn - do you think Ivy was emotional/depressed because of the other bird being in distress and after it all passed, she recovered?

I don't think that would be to far fetched.
hu.gif

Honestly, I dont think Ivy was especially close to Rosemary. In fact, when I integrated Ivy and Lexie into the first group, Rosemary was her worst tormentor! I really have no idea what was going on, but Ivy was completely a bag of bones. It was awful. She's on a nest again right now!

With the good comes the bad. My little poufy headed Tux is ailing. She is standing like a penguin, the classic egg bound stance, and straining. We can feel no egg at all and have put her in warm water then did a blow dry. She is in the playpen on a heating pad (dont worry, it doesn't heat up much and there is a towel on top and bottom of it) in the dark. A couple months ago, she was acting odd and we found a soft shell collapsed and hanging out of her vent. We removed it, gave her 3 days of penicillin, and she seemed to bounce back. She has not, however, laid an egg since then. I'm weary of this, but so happy about Ivy.

So glad to hear that things are looking up for Ivy! This is exciting news.
wee.gif

I'm making a special wish for you that this is just the start of a much better year.
fl.gif
We all know you (and your birds) sure deserve it!

Thank you, Lisa. Whatever happens, I just have to do the best I can to help and if it doesn't work, I have nothing to feel guilty about. Tux, Kate and Olivia are the cutest little lookalike girls, accidentaly crossbreeds I really love. Hope Tuxy comes out of this.

Back
Top Bottom