Remember to Stay Kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaRainboe

🙄🤚💙Duckie💜😩🤚
Jul 30, 2020
Washington
I've seen the forums seeming a bit more tense today, more irritation over the little things, causing more negativity to arise. I just wanted to remind everyone to stay kind.

Earlier I was in a local poultry Facebook group trying to help someone out, I advised them to try posting on BYC as well so they could get more opinions. Their response was:

"No. I figured there were great people here. It seems there all people want to do is be mean."

This broke my heart. I love BYC, and it feels like family. I've always felt so alone, but now I feel like I have a family, and I get to chat with others with similar interests. BYC is incredible, people are so supportive and helpful, I love it! The fact that someone has a had a different experience was heart breaking.

I just wanted to ask everyone to please try and remain kind and positive. I don't want anyone else to have a negative experience from our wonderful community.

Please don't think I am targeting someone specific, if you asked me to name someone who is unkind I wouldn't be able to do it. Most of the people here are absolutely amazing.

Please think of what you say before you say it.

I also just want to say, please don't think I am claiming to be perfect. I have said some unkind things that I 100% regret. I would unsay them if I could, but I have learned from them, and I hope we can all learn to be more kind from the times when we have been not-so-kind.

Stay Kind! ❤

1610777237881.png

I've seen the forums seeming a bit more tense today, more irritation over the little things, causing more negativity to arise. I just wanted to remind everyone to stay kind.

Earlier I was in a local poultry Facebook group trying to help someone out, I advised them to try posting on BYC as well so they could get more opinions. Their response was:

"No. I figured there were great people here. It seems there all people want to do is be mean."

This broke my heart. I love BYC, and it feels like family. I've always felt so alone, but now I feel like I have a family, and I get to chat with others with similar interests. BYC is incredible, people are so supportive and helpful, I love it! The fact that someone has a had a different experience was heart breaking.

I just wanted to ask everyone to please try and remain kind and positive. I don't want anyone else to have a negative experience from our wonderful community.

Please don't think I am targeting someone specific, if you asked me to name someone who is unkind I wouldn't be able to do it. Most of the people here are absolutely amazing.

I also just want to say, please don't think I am claiming to be perfect. I have said some unkind things that I 100% regret. I would unsay them if I could, but I have learned from them, and I hope we can all learn to be more kind from the times when we have been not-so-kind.

Stay Kind! ❤

View attachment 2491580
thank you! i will try to stay kind as well :)

Stay Kind! ❤

View attachment 2491580
So true! Thanks for this reminder, @EmmaRainboe, to treat everyone with kindness and respect, it really is important! I will be trying my very best to keep all of my words considerate and friendly. Have a wonderful day! :hugs

I started a thread like this not to long ago. It got shut down because people started name calling and became argumentative. Sigh, this is why we can't have nice things!
Oh wow! :eek: people are ridiculous!! I swear some people just walk around looking for something to be angry about or somebody to slip up so they can jump on them! It’s sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom