Remembering Frindizzle

I have many beloved pets buried on my property but the one this whole thing brings to mind the most is my horse Teddy. He passed New Years Day 2012 (a bad start to a horrible year for me). He was about 34 and we belonged to each other for around 29 of those years. A lot of life ... he was with me through a whole lot. He was a horse who gave hugs. He was wonderful and silly and funny and loving and a complete dork every single day of his life until he felt bad on New Years Eve day and when I saw him I just knew. We buried him with his equine love, Chiwi, by this tree where everyone liked to hang out and gossip. Every evening after I fed I would go to his grave to talk to him and tell him how awfully I missed him but for the first week or more I'd be unable to talk and would end up just sitting down there on his grave and crying there in the dark. I love all my pets beyond words and losing every one of them has been tough and awful but losing him was the absolute worst. I still can't sit here and write about it without tears. I always worried that he would have a lingering decline (as Chiwi, mentioned above, did) and that we would go through this period where I would worry every day, "is it time?" as I did with her. I prayed it would be quick for him when it came, and it was. So I told myself my prayers had been answered but I couldn't help thinking that what I'd really wanted was for him to live forever.

I guess all I'm saying is that your sharing your memories and your sadness is putting me in mind of Ted and of losing him, and that I feel your pain, you and everyone who's felt and shared similar memories.
hugs.gif

At least we know these guys were fiercely loved, and they knew it.

Here's Ted and me roughly 100 years ago:

@souriasia I'm so sorry you lost Ted. To have a special animal friend for so long was a wonderful blessing and a great loss to go through. Thank you for sharing about him, your love shines through and I'm sure he felt it too.
hugs.gif

@souriasia I'm so sorry you lost Ted. To have a special animal friend for so long was a wonderful blessing and a great loss to go through. Thank you for sharing about him, your love shines through and I'm sure he felt it too.
hugs.gif

Thanks Debby.
hugs.gif
You're right, he was special and I'm lucky not only to have had him, but that we shared our lives for so long.
smile.png

Isn't it amazing, all the unique, really special personalities and traits we find in our pets.

Thanks Debby.
hugs.gif
You're right, he was special and I'm lucky not only to have had him, but that we shared our lives for so long.
smile.png

Isn't it amazing, all the unique, really special personalities and traits we find in our pets.

And isn't it amazing the things they find and bring out of us?

Have a good day my friend!

I have many beloved pets buried on my property but the one this whole thing brings to mind the most is my horse Teddy. He passed New Years Day 2012 (a bad start to a horrible year for me). He was about 34 and we belonged to each other for around 29 of those years. A lot of life ... he was with me through a whole lot. He was a horse who gave hugs. He was wonderful and silly and funny and loving and a complete dork every single day of his life until he felt bad on New Years Eve day and when I saw him I just knew. We buried him with his equine love, Chiwi, by this tree where everyone liked to hang out and gossip. Every evening after I fed I would go to his grave to talk to him and tell him how awfully I missed him but for the first week or more I'd be unable to talk and would end up just sitting down there on his grave and crying there in the dark. I love all my pets beyond words and losing every one of them has been tough and awful but losing him was the absolute worst. I still can't sit here and write about it without tears. I always worried that he would have a lingering decline (as Chiwi, mentioned above, did) and that we would go through this period where I would worry every day, "is it time?" as I did with her. I prayed it would be quick for him when it came, and it was. So I told myself my prayers had been answered but I couldn't help thinking that what I'd really wanted was for him to live forever.

I guess all I'm saying is that your sharing your memories and your sadness is putting me in mind of Ted and of losing him, and that I feel your pain, you and everyone who's felt and shared similar memories.
hugs.gif

At least we know these guys were fiercely loved, and they knew it.

Here's Ted and me roughly 100 years ago:

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry about Teddy. He was a wonderful horse with a wonderful life.

Back
Top Bottom