Remembering the Little Purple One

I don’t know weather to sad your post, because it’s super sad she passed, especially in the way that she did. Or to heart it, because she was such a beautiful little hen, filled with personality, and will be greatly appreciated and missed forever.

I’m so sorry she left too soon, but just remember that she’s in chicken heaven, free ranging and going crazy on the meal worms. And you’ll be able to see her again :hugs

I think you conveyed that beautifully. I'm so glad you saw my post and responded. Your words mean so much :hugs

Loss really is difficult. I think the difficulty is proportionate to the amount of love felt. Maybe that's the good thing about how hard this is. It helps me know just how much love I feel.

The little purple one LOVED white peaches and scrambled eggs. I discovered her love for peaches during her illness when she wouldn't eat anything except the peach I happened to be munching on at the time. I will imagine sending those up with my letter tonight.
I think you are absolutely right - the greater the love, the harder the loss...
How wonderful you discovered your little purple one loved white peaches! I think it fits this sweet and self-willed hen immensely to love such a particular kind of fruit 🥰
Yes - send her some yummy white peaches ❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗

Thank you all for the kind words.

@AntiqueB @ButtonHoarder it's truly sad and there's no way around that. But she really did have such a personality and a great big heart. In due time I'll celebrate her time here and all the joy she brought wherever she went. I owe her that much. Like you've said, wherever she now is I'm sure she'll discover all of the highest perches and like a true explorer, she'll range far and wide. Maybe that high perch is the branch of a white peach tree filled with fruit.

I stumbled on a little memory from my old 360 camera that brought me some solace. No matter how skittish she was, she always seemed to trust plopping herself down by me. I'm so glad I have a clip of this. I miss her very much.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I cried through this beautiful tribute. Rest In Peace, Little Purple One.

Thank you @MixedFlock23 for remembering her with me.

I still can't believe she's gone. I took these two photos just last month. I'm glad that I have them to share. Missing you dearly, Little Purple One.

1615317384238.png

1615317495398.png

I too recently lost my little Buttercup, so have so much empathy for you at the loss of little purple one. Some are so special.
Thought the sadness was over but lots of tears are for your grief as for mine. Take care thoughts are with you

@Veb I'm so sorry for the loss of your Buttercup. The sadness and tears always seem to come in waves. I wish I could say, "we had so many nice memories together" or "she lived such a wonderful life" and leave it at that. But inevitably I come to the realization that there won't be any more new memories and that saddens me so much.

My thoughts are with you as well.

Back
Top Bottom