Remind me to never ever buy fish again.

hypnofrogstevie

chick magnet
16 Years
Jul 12, 2007
Newport, MI
Went out and bought a few fish for my new tank. Everything was fine and a nice setup.

Came home and not even 1 hour they all started dying. I lost my pair of tetras and my pair of swords. all I have now are my 2 cory's, my moonlight gourami and my pair of guppies.

When you brought the new fish home, did you float them in the baggie they came home in in the water you were putting them in to bring it to the same temp before turning them loose? Could of been a temp shock thing.

Sorry, try again though!

They had 30 minutes of float time plus I put a little bit of tank water in the bag every 5 minutes. Every time I have fish something bad happens. I should have bought the chinchilla instead.

Quote:
How long have you had the tank set up for? Has it been 30 days? If not its what they call new tank syndrome which means the beneficial bacteria has not established itself in the tank and filter! If it has not been 30 days you'll notice the tank starting to get cloudy around week 2 or 3 and after wk 4 it'll clear up and then its safe to put fish in!

Last edited:
What size tank is it? Do you have town water or well? And I assume you have a test kit? What's the water temp? Is it sitting in the sunlight? I'm asking so I can better understand whats going on!

well water and I added jungle A.C.R. remover. temp is 76F and everything but the nitrates is 0 PPM. the nitrates is 2. I know if it was over 10 PPM then that would be it but nope. $30.00 of fish going downhill fast.

hey man,, i just dropped in to remind you not to buy any more fish
wink.png

lol thanks.
tongue.png
. the female sword looks to be doing ok but now the 1 cory is not active. BTW the tank is a 29 gallon.

forgot to add that no sunlight hits the tank. My dresser blocks the 1 window that would hit the tank

Last edited:
Are the fish fighting? I know that cory cats and gouramis have a tendency to get rough on tank mates! But other then that you got me stumped!

Back
Top Bottom