remote control for electric fence that would remember its "on" state following power blip/outage

CanadaEh

Songster
May 31, 2018
Canada
I need outdoor remote control for a fence that would remember its "on"state after power blip or outage. Any remotes at Amazon I looked or tried so far will become off following any power interruption. This is unacceptable for a electric fence that should be relied to remain on unless switched off deliberately, Please let me know if you know or using one that qualifies.

Why do you need a remote at all?
Is fence powered by AC?
AFAIK it should come back on automatically when power is restored.

the fence charger is 120 AC and installed on the side of the coop under overhang. There is no easy way to turn it off. I have been zapped a few times opening the gate or working around the fence. It would be easier to turn it off/on from the safety of remote. By remote I mean remotely controlled outdoor outlet like pictured below. I am using one of them for lights in the coop but can't use it for the fence because it will becomes "off" after any power interruption which might be their idea of "safety" but it will not be safe for chickens vs predators.

716TPujB5tL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Have you considered a solar charger that's unaffected by fluctuations in the power grid?
I imagine it would be too expensive for a proper size panel/battery that could manage cloudy and short winter days, unnecessary given there is already power in the coop, and I would still need a way to turn it off/on remotely...

the fence charger is 120 AC and installed on the side of the coop under overhang. There is no easy way to turn it off. I have been zapped a few times opening the gate or working around the fence. It would be easier to turn it off/on from the safety of remote. By remote I mean remotely controlled outdoor outlet like pictured below. I am using one of them for lights in the coop but can't use it for the fence because it will becomes "off" after any power interruption which might be their idea of "safety" but it will not be safe for chickens vs predators
So the only way to turn off the charger is to unplug it,
and that's too hard to reach when needed?
...and the remote needs to be unplugged and plugged back in after a power outage to reset it?

So the only way to turn off the charger is to unplug it,
and that's too hard to reach when needed?
yes, also need to go inside the electrified fence to do it
...and the remote needs to be unplugged and plugged back in after a power outage to reset it?
no
Only need to press "ON" on the current remote (pictured) after power outage/blip.But I consider it is unsafe for the chickens as the fence can remain off unnoticed for prolong amount of time and especially when we are away.
The proper remote plug I am looking for would come up "ON" if it was "ON" before the power outage/blip.

Back
Top Bottom