remove the egg tuner?

dainironfoot

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
woodburn, Oregon
Hi guys, My eggs have been in the incubator now for sixteen days and am getting ready for lockdown in a couple more. So do I remove the automatic egg turner completely and lay the eggs on their sides on the wire? Or do I Leave the eggs on the turner and just unplug it? If I leave it in there it seems it would be pretty uncomfortable for the chicks to just sprawl out accross the cups and rails of the turner. Thanx!

what incubator are you using? how many eggs do u have there

oh sorry yes take the egg turner out , candle for last time put some water and wet sponge to get your humidity up to what you have been told to rais eit, what the humidity has been during incubation????
big_smile.png

Quote:
I take the turner out and just lay the eggs on the wire. Been using the same Styrofoam Hovabator for over 15 years now (a little duct tape here and there). I use the 3% hydrogen peroxide instead of plain water to prevent bacterial bloom.

Quote:
Curious about the hydrogen peroxide?? This replaces your water?

Yes.

I have a chemistry background, I have been using the 3% H2O2 in H2O for years now to prevent bacterial bloom.

I still use my original Styrofoam Hovabator I bought years ago, my first hatch was great. Subsequence hatches started having bacterial bloom and mortality problems in spite of through cleaning. The Hydrogen Peroxide fixed that, and I have been using that ever since. I have let some of my "chicken friends" know what I do and they also report success with this method.

P.S. When I first joined BYC, I started a thread about Hydrogen Peroxide, which quickly flamed out of control and was deleted due to some members being somewhat less then Technically knowledgeable were making comparisons between the Hydrogen Peroxide and the Hydrogen in nuclear weapons. Note: Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the Universe and makes up over 80% of your body.

Quote:
Curious about the hydrogen peroxide?? This replaces your water?

Yes.

I have a chemistry background, I have been using the 3% H2O2 in H2O for years now to prevent bacterial bloom.

I still use my original Styrofoam Hovabator I bought years ago, my first hatch was great. Subsequence hatches started having bacterial bloom and mortality problems in spite of through cleaning. The Hydrogen Peroxide fixed that, and I have been using that ever since. I have let some of my "chicken friends" know what I do and they also report success with this method.

P.S. When I first joined BYC, I started a thread about Hydrogen Peroxide, which quickly flamed out of control and was deleted due to some members being somewhat less then Technically knowledgeable were making comparisons between the Hydrogen Peroxide and the Hydrogen in nuclear weapons. Note: Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the Universe and makes up over 80% of your body.

Excellent idea! Too bad about the thread...I imagine it had some good info. Not sure how someone could compare it to weapons tho
lau.gif
Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom