Removing stains for showing on silkie

NCchickenlady

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2008
raleigh
Ok I have another show lined up this weekend and I've bathed my girl, cut her nails but after drying her she still has a hint of stain around the face. We have red clay here and its a pain! The feet look good but I'm afraid of getting stuff in her eyes.
Any ideas?

Also what do you guys use to put a little sheen back to the feather without it looking oily?
Thanks
Beth

First, what color is she? If she's white, you can use a diluted bleach solution to attempt to get it out. Remember...DILUTE!!!

If she's blue, I suggest bluing solution to see if anything will come out.

Quick question...why clip the nails?

For the shine, try show sheen. its a horse product. Just spray once on a cloth and rub over her once to add some nice shine.
smile.png

she is a splash
big_smile.png

Last time i showed her, my first show, everyone said to clip the nails back and then the judge said the same thing!

For poop stains you can use laundry detergent with bleach additive. Make like a paste maybe for her face?
Thats a tough one because of her eyes.
Well good luck I hope you win!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Thanks, whats in it? I ask because I show dogs and have a BUNCH of show stuff for them that might work. Lots of protein sprays that help gloss the coat.
Beth

Ms. Lewis Rich :

For poop stains you can use laundry detergent with bleach additive. Make like a paste maybe for her face?

Thanks! She did well last time but had the stains on her feet and the long nails!
She is the only one that has these really long nails on two of her toes...​

Ms. Lewis Rich :

Oh and I love those eggs in your avatar....
big_smile.png

I went to the vendor at the show and he sold a product called Pink in a pink can . Or when I showed dogs we went to a beauty supply store and bought a can of AFRO SHEEN, I bet it works on chickens LOL

Ms. Lewis Rich :

I went to the vendor at the show and he sold a product called Pink in a pink can . Or when I showed dogs we went to a beauty supply store and bought a can of AFRO SHEEN, I bet it works on chickens LOL

Yep, thats the same sorta stuff I have so I'll give it a try.
Thanks​

Back
Top Bottom