Removing the Dead Chick?

BabyChick101

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 19, 2013
I have a chick that suffocated in the egg earlier today. The rest of the babies aren't hatched, but a few of them have pipped. When do I remove the egg that has a dead, but pipped chick in it?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. I know the poor thing is dead, it stopped moving and chirping hours ago. I even peeled back a bit of the membrane and it was turned the wrong way. Do you know the best way to dispose of the egg? Just throw it in the trash, right?

I would put the dead chick in the egg in the trash to dispose of it. If you put it in the trash can it will start to stink.

Thanks, I know it will. Most of the other eggs have pipped externally though. Will removing the dead one harm them?

Yeah, just grow it away. I'm confused though, why didn't you throw it away when you peeled back the shell if you already had it out? Well, I guess you probably did that after you asked the question. I get it now.

I did that earlier, but I guess I was hoping it would come back to life or something.
This is my first time hatching eggs, so I'm still a little bit confused as to what to expect.

I took it out and checked on the remaining chicks. They seem fine, moving in their eggs and everything.

Back
Top Bottom