Replacing Clears at 5 days

tzygani

In the Brooder
May 31, 2021
I am a bit stuck. Never done this before. Advice please...

I have as many eggs as possible in my incubator. (Borotto Lumia. Using factory settings. 37.7 degrees. Humidity between 42-52%) But I also have another 8 eggs of the same age that need incubating. At 5 days, if I candle, remove clears and replace with the waiting eggs....how do I handle lockdown for the first setting with the second set being 5 days behind? Can I do it? Tips? Options? Help? I dont want to see these Brahma babies go to waste.

TIA

I am a bit stuck. Never done this before. Advice please...

I have as many eggs as possible in my incubator. (Borotto Lumia. Using factory settings. 37.7 degrees. Humidity between 42-52%) But I also have another 8 eggs of the same age that need incubating. At 5 days, if I candle, remove clears and replace with the waiting eggs....how do I handle lockdown for the first setting with the second set being 5 days behind? Can I do it? Tips? Options? Help? I dont want to see these Brahma babies go to waste.

TIA
You can push lockdown out until you see the first pip, I often do this as late as day 20 for the first eggs this will give the second set of 8 more time before you increase humidity. Alternately you can get a second incubator!😊
A lot depends on how the first set look when it is time for lockdown if they need more humidity or not based on how the air cells look.
Good luck!😊

You can push lockdown out until you see the first pip, I often do this as late as day 20 for the first eggs this will give the second set of 8 more time before you increase humidity. Alternately you can get a second incubator!😊
A lot depends on how the first set look when it is time for lockdown if they need more humidity or not based on how the air cells look.
Good luck!😊
A second incubator....my husband might just not understand that....hahaha.

Ok. So, pushing out lockdown could be an answer. Or split the difference? Day 19 lockdown for first set, day 14 lockdown for second set?

A second incubator....my husband might just not understand that....hahaha.

Ok. So, pushing out lockdown could be an answer. Or split the difference? Day 19 lockdown for first set, day 14 lockdown for second set?
I would push lock down out today 20 if your air cells look good. You have to be careful though that the chicks are not shrink wrapped this normally doesn’t happen at the end of incubation and it’s something that happens if there’s not enough humidity in the earlier part of incubation as far as I understand. This exact situation is what made me buy a second incubator so I could use one for incubating and one for lockdown and hatching! 😊That way I can keep adding eggs to the incubator without worrying about it. I use an NR 360 for this they are about $150 on Amazon or TSC.
Wait to hear what others have to say but this is what I would do.

Back
Top Bottom