Replying to a post.

Prairie Dawn

Chirping
10 Years
Oct 9, 2013
I am assuming if I reply in the reply box at the bottom of the page, it will send to all email addresses who have replied to my post? And, if I reply by clicking the reply button inside someone's post it will send to just their email? And no matter which reply box I use it will post on the thread? Thank you!

It will post on the thread no matter which reply box you use. Emails are sent according to whether the member has chosen to receive them. If you want to talk to only one member (I'm guessing this is what you're wondering about here) choose "send PM" in the member's postbit. The PM will not include the post or a link to it, though.

Quote: I"ve had some of the Email options activated, and have never recieved any E mails at all
idunno.gif

I didn't even realize I was supposed to.
I just happened to notice the settings when I was looking for something else

Quote:
I"ve had some of the Email options activated, and have never recieved any E mails at all
idunno.gif

I didn't even realize I was supposed to.
I just happened to notice the settings when I was looking for something else

There are several threads in here about people having this issue. Certain email providers routinely block them, or mark them spam, for one thing. Simply adding "[email protected]" to your email contact list may allow them through, for example. I would suggest starting with checking out the first post in this thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...tions-please-read-and-reply-with-details/0_20

Back
Top Bottom