Reptile and amphibians! Who has em'?

Chikyboy

Bantam Cochin Collector
Oct 14, 2021
Nebraska
This thread is for reptile and amphibian keepers. Or if you don't have any but have questions about them you can be here as well! Feel free to ask questions about reptiles and amphibians, answer questions about reptiles and amphibians, talk about reptiles and amphibians, or just post pics of any reptiles you have or have found in the wild. I have a 1 ball python and one american bullfrog. Well, have fun!

I have two Redbacked Salamanders, Newton and Smiley. Found them in our yard and have kept them for 4 months. I have started a springtail colony to feed them. I think one is pregnant.

Attachments

• 20211216_162705_(1).jpg
    20211216_162705_(1).jpg
    419 KB · Views: 4
I only have one reptile, Penny the Mediterranean House gecko, but I'm a total herp nerd and I'd love to get some more reptiles and amphibians.

I plan on setting up a bioactive enclosure for Penny soon, with all sorts of isopods and tropical plants. This is her current setup
20211212_223828.jpg

I would love to get a Ball Python someday. Bananas and BELs are my favorite 🥰
So I've been saving up to pay for one and the food until I'm able to get a job.

Of course I have an ongoing list of reptiles and amphibians I'd like to get. Including Boa Constrictors, Vietnamese blue beauty snakes, Jungle Carpet Pythons, Hognose snakes, Brazilian Rainbow boas, Whites tree frogs, and Rain frogs.

Though I'm not able to own any of those at the moment, I love to go herping
20211113_153959.jpg
Resized952021111195205555.jpg
20211003_195308.jpg
20211021_200257.jpg
20210911_202320.jpg
Screenshot_20211218-210615_Gallery.jpg
20210922_180350.jpg
20211231_142608.jpg
20211231_114348.jpg

I only have one reptile, Penny the Mediterranean House gecko, but I'm a total herp nerd and I'd love to get some more reptiles and amphibians.

I plan on setting up a bioactive enclosure for Penny soon, with all sorts of isopods and tropical plants. This is her current setup
View attachment 2972192

I would love to get a Ball Python someday. Bananas and BELs are my favorite 🥰
So I've been saving up to pay for one and the food until I'm able to get a job.

Of course I have an ongoing list of reptiles and amphibians I'd like to get. Including Boa Constrictors, Vietnamese blue beauty snakes, Jungle Carpet Pythons, Hognose snakes, Brazilian Rainbow boas, Whites tree frogs, and Rain frogs.

Though I'm not able to own any of those at the moment, I love to go herping
I love herping too! I used to love reptiles (and I still do!) But now my thing is more chickens.

This thread is for reptile and amphibian keepers. Or if you don't have any but have questions about them you can be here as well! Feel free to ask questions about reptiles and amphibians, answer questions about reptiles and amphibians, talk about reptiles and amphibians, or just post pics of any reptiles you have or have found in the wild. I have a 1 ball python and one american bullfrog. Well, have fun!
Oh i had SO many. I had fostered some injured gecos/lizards for a long while, afterwards setting them free. I also owned a little frog pond in my yard! Unfortunately it is winter so their all gone now, but i would check on them daily giving them some food and they would stay in my hands for a while. so many frogs, toads, And tons of salamanders to!

I have two Redbacked Salamanders, Newton and Smiley. Found them in our yard and have kept them for 4 months. I have started a springtail colony to feed them. I think one is pregnant.
Their so adorable! I owned a red eastern newt for a while! (Ill See if i have some pictures in my phone of them. :D)

Hey! Love to answer. Reptiles are ectotherms, if they had a insulating layer such as fur, it would reduce its ability to adjust its body temp and they rely on doing that! Hope this answers your question.
Thank you! It's literally just the first thing that popped into my head when I read the first post.

I have a pair of corn snakes. I love them!

Back
Top Bottom