Reptile Club! <3

Pics
Cutie! How long have you had him/her?
I have had her for 9.5 years she is 13.5 and gravid (not fertile eggs though) should lay in the next month or so.
Here is most of last years clutch

Attachments

• 20200428_234700.jpg
    20200428_234700.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 7
Perhaps Tango is a little bit like the male Veiled chameleon my sister did have many years ago. She met him the first time at his breeder's when he was really tiny. First thing he did was hissing 😬 He was brought up with love and care at his breeder's and his sister for example was chilled and liked to interact. He stayed reluctant his whole life, got scared very easily and then got in defense or flight modus. He didn't like being handled or even looked at (so this was then kept to a limit). Other Veiled chameleons my sister got to know were chilled and open-minded, some were really tame. I think her male just did have that kind of personality - very cautive and easily scared. It didn't have to do with how he was brought up or how he was handled - it was just him being like that. My sister loved him very much an I really liked him, too (took care of him several times when she was on holiday) and my whole family was sad when he passed.

My reptiles are all hibernating at the moment. I kind of miss watching them doing their daily routines, doing the things they like - such as sunbathing ☀️
So I wanted to ask all of you to post/share a picture/pictures of your reptile(s) enjoying a sunbath (or "lampbath"^^) - this would be great ❤️
Have a wonderful Sunday everybody 🥰

My reptiles are all hibernating at the moment. I kind of miss watching them doing their daily routines, doing the things they like - such as sunbathing ☀️
So I wanted to ask all of you to post/share a picture/pictures of your reptile(s) enjoying a sunbath (or "lampbath"^^) - this would be great ❤️
Ok :)
20210226_211216.jpg

I would definitely appreciate some help, so thank you! :lol:
I really doubt maleness has anything to do with it. My male leopard gecko is a sweetie. Something is scaring him. Here is something you might try.

Geckos in the wild are prey animals. Birds swoop down and grab them to eat them. Think about how similar a human hand and a bird's claw will look to a gecko from the gecko's point of view. Some never learn to accept this.

You can try placing your hand down flat in front of him. If he doesn't react, try encouraging him to get onto your hand with a light prod from behind. It may take multiple tries. Don't push him beyond his comfort zone. This works with a lot of geckos that don't like being picked up the way a person would normally pick them up.

Apologies if you have already tried this.

Tango will sniff my hand, and sometimes do a little "taste test” with his tounge :gig I hand feed him worms. He is totally chill until I try to pick him up. I try to go underneath him rather that picking him up from above. I’ve also limited interactions with him to just at night.

Also... Anyone have a list of "supplies" needed for a bio active leopard gecko habitat?? :)

Aww sorry you are missing them. :hugsNeither of mine brumated this year, although my leo slowed waaay down. Still I remember how much I missed my beardie Tad last year when she did brumate.

Here she is today trying to “burn off” the giant horn worm she just ate. Just don’t laugh at her shed head ;)

6FAE09A1-FB88-4647-BE34-C0C675A386E3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom