Reptile Club! <3

Pics
TANGO HAS BEEN FOUND! He was under a suitcase in the room he was lost in.. I swear I had already looked under it. He must’ve moved. Here he is trying to get warmed up again. View attachment 2851348
Yay! Great to hear.
How's his tail fat? Looks a bit skinny from the pic? He'll probably have quite the appetite after his week-long haitus (and impromptu brumation?)

Yay! Great to hear.
How's his tail fat? Looks a bit skinny from the pic? He'll probably have quite the appetite after his week-long haitus (and impromptu brumation?)
Dunno 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s not super fat, it could be the angle. He definitely is a little skinnier. Approaching 2 weeks being gone lol. He’s not quite a year old yet, so idk about brumation… He sure was hungry!!

Considering breeding my leos once Tango is back to normal, obviously. I’ve had Mango (the female) for a year on November 1 (I think), and I think she was a couple months old when I got her. Tango is approaching a year as well. When’s the best time to do this, if at all? Wait another season??

Considering breeding my leos once Tango is back to normal, obviously. I’ve had Mango (the female) for a year on November 1 (I think), and I think she was a couple months old when I got her. Tango is approaching a year as well. When’s the best time to do this, if at all? Wait another season??
Fatten that boy up! He can have all the mealworms he wants XD.

I'm not sure with leopard geckos, but brumation is discouraged for the first year in beardies and water dragons. (My new boy tends to be real lazy some days tho and I have to 'wake him up' despite it being lowest 20c in there. UV is a t5 and should still have another few months on it)

Are they sexually mature at 1 year? I'd let your girl have one laying season without breeding just to make sure things go smoothly. We lost our first dragon to egg-binding. She was a late bloomer and didn't lay till she was 5 years old and had brumated 'hard' that winter. Had over 20 eggs in her abdomen and some had cracked.

Found out when we got our water dragon that the orangish dragons in NZ all have horrible bloodlines due to one bad breeder caring more about colour than good breeding practices.

Apparently, all their girls are known for having egg binding issues.

Fatten that boy up! He can have all the mealworms he wants XD.

I'm not sure with leopard geckos, but brumation is discouraged for the first year in beardies and water dragons. (My new boy tends to be real lazy some days tho and I have to 'wake him up' despite it being lowest 20c in there. UV is a t5 and should still have another few months on it)

Are they sexually mature at 1 year? I'd let your girl have one laying season without breeding just to make sure things go smoothly. We lost our first dragon to egg-binding. She was a late bloomer and didn't lay till she was 5 years old and had brumated 'hard' that winter. Had over 20 eggs in her abdomen and some had cracked.

Found out when we got our water dragon that the orangish dragons in NZ all have horrible bloodlines due to one bad breeder caring more about colour than good breeding practices.

Apparently, all their girls are known for having egg binding issues.
I remember reading online somewhere that 1 year for males and 1.5-2 years for female Leo’s to be mature but I don’t wanna trust Google. I may not ever breed them, but if I do I want it to be responsibly with the least amount of risks possible. :fl

So sorry to hear about your girl & poor experience with the breeder :hugs

Back
Top Bottom