Reptile Club! <3

Pics
My geckos are doing great. Tango is used to his new tank, and is back to eating. Do I need to feed Mango every other day??? I’m going to guess she’s at least 8 months old. Is she looking overweight? Idk. Maybe she’s supposed to be this big?? Her diet is usually 4 crickets. Or if she doesn’t get crickets she gets 8-10 mealworms. View attachment 2505466View attachment 2505467
She does look kinda big.

According to this, she’s overweight. But the “healthy” one on here looks skinny. :th
DBB63E36-66D2-4BE3-8C6F-08405C4EF95F.jpeg

My geckos are doing great. Tango is used to his new tank, and is back to eating. Do I need to feed Mango every other day??? I’m going to guess she’s at least 8 months old. Is she looking overweight? Idk. Maybe she’s supposed to be this big?? Her diet is usually 4 crickets. Or if she doesn’t get crickets she gets 8-10 mealworms. View attachment 2505466View attachment 2505467
She does look pretty chonky in the pictures. She could be gravid, but I have yet to deal with that so I do not have any real advice on checking for eggs.

Either way, I would recommend reducing the frequency of feedings. At 6 months old I dropped Hoshi’s feedings down to every other day. At one year old, I switched him twice a week.

Last edited:
Hoshi looks about like the “ healthy” model. I don’t think he is too skinny :idunno
I think it’s similar to with dogs and cats where a lot of people are used to seeing overweight animals so the healthy ones look skinny. It’s so deeply ingrained in society now (just look at all the”chonky pet” memes etc.) that it can be hard to tell sometimes. And I feel like with reptiles it might be harder to tell right away if they’re overweight? Like it might not be as obvious as with a dog? I think that middle one looks like a good weight too.

Back
Top Bottom