Reptipro 5000 Hatch-A-Long (=

Ok. Here I am at day 17 with my Reptipro 6000. This is my first hatch and it has been dry so far. Going to remove turners tonight and place in shelf with liner and fill in gap. Humidity has been 27%. Should I just place a wet sponge in for lockdown and see where that gets me? I have read all the posts and am just trying to get a decent hatch. I only have nine bantam eggs in there. Thanks for all of the great advice!
Craig
Hello!
I have found with my Reptipro 5000 that once lockdown comes the humidity should get to 80% and then DON'T OPEN THE DOOR. That was my fatal mistake the first time I hatched. Actually, my husband opened the door but he meant well.

My schedule looks like this:

30% first 18 Days

80% Last 3 Days

Candle at 7, 14th & 18th days

Pretty simple, but it works for me. And yes shelf liner was an immense help and make sure the gaps in the back are covered too. Let us know how things are going!!!!

Hello!
I have found with my Reptipro 5000 that once lockdown comes the humidity should get to 80% and then DON'T OPEN THE DOOR. That was my fatal mistake the first time I hatched. Actually, my husband opened the door but he meant well.

My schedule looks like this:

30% first 18 Days

80% Last 3 Days

Candle at 7, 14th & 18th days

Pretty simple, but it works for me. And yes shelf liner was an immense help and make sure the gaps in the back are covered too. Let us know how things are going!!!!
Thanks so much! Yes, I will make sure all gaps are covered. Do you normally just use a wet sponge for humidity in the bottom or a container with water? Thanks and I will keep all posted!

Craig

Thanks so much! Yes, I will make sure all gaps are covered. Do you normally just use a wet sponge for humidity in the bottom or a container with water? Thanks and I will keep all posted!

Craig

I have a plastic sandwich container in mine right now .. easily gets the humidity up to 76%.. however you would need to test it in your environment since I'm sure your home humidity isn't the same as mine

I've found that I have to put in specific containers to get the humidity just right. Remember its surface area not quantity. I tested out what containers I need to keep it stable and then just put them in as the need arises. You'll have to monkey with it a little.

I'm doing an experiment with my repti pro. I have a regular egg from the grocery store and I put a small hole in and I stuck a thermometer probe in and I taped it shut to keep the egg sealed. I'm going to keep track of the temperature from the inside of the egg. We will see how accurate the temp of the incubator is. I'll turn the egg and treat it like I'm trying to hatch it out. Ima do this for a couple days or so. I'll let you know what I find out!

I'm doing an experiment with my repti pro. I have a regular egg from the grocery store and I put a small hole in and I stuck a thermometer probe in and I taped it shut to keep the egg sealed. I'm going to keep track of the temperature from the inside of the egg. We will see how accurate the temp of the incubator is. I'll turn the egg and treat it like I'm trying to hatch it out. Ima do this for a couple days or so. I'll let you know what I find out!

That would be some awesome info. I have my temp set at 100 on the display and it has seemed to be holding steady but I'll know for sure after a few hatches.

My display is sitting on 103. I had to go look since I have never paid any attention to the display temp. I don't trust any of the electronic displays since I don't know (or care) where it is measuring from. I measure the temps on the shelves and and go from there. I rotate them if I have more than one level in at a time since there is a 1 to 1.5 difference. It's all about working out what works for you and your area.

Back
Top Bottom