ReptiPro 6000

hbuckley2

Hatching
Sep 19, 2015
Does anyone use the Reptipro 6000? Pro and cons? I am looking to buy one and I want to know the in and outs of this incubator. Should I be looking at other brands? If I do buy one I will be getting the one with the 2 turners. I need all hints and tricks please.

I have one.

Just set turkey eggs in it this morning.

I have 1 turner.

I have only had one issue. Not sure why but one time my set temp changed to 65. But other than that have had no issues.

The holes in the trays are a little big. So you need to cover with drawer liner so chicks don't fall thru if you use to hatch.

There are a couple threads on byc about the 5000 and 6000.

Don't know if it is still available in the buy sell area. Reptipro is running a sale for 99 for incubator.

Will use for a Hatcher as well. I have read through all the threads on here and get mixed reviews of course but it was also a lot of reading I feel like I forgot alot of what I read :/ the one I want to buy is the incubator with 2 turners for like 249.00 which is cheaper that buying the turners separately. I was looking to buy the one from incubators.org I'm trying to find a promo code so I can save a little money :) I'm getting a sportsmen in September but I also want a small one for just a small batch of eggs

Hi hbuckley2!

We currently do not have any promo codes available. Anytime we have a sale, we just reduce the price of the items it impacts so that all of our customers can take advantage of it without having to hunt down codes :) I can tell you that we have been working hard on upgrading and improving this unit, and the ones I have in stock right now are the best the ReptiPro has ever been! I hope that we can win your business, just let me know if you have any questions that I can help you with!
Thanks,
ReptiPro

Thank you. It will be here tomorrow and I am very excited... (now I have to find a few eggs to test it out!) what does everyone clean their Reptipro with after hatch? I have 3 styro ones and hated everything about them including the cleaning of them it says seems to still have a lingering smell to them... But styro is much harder to clean that anything else. Is there a cleaner or just dawn dish soap and water?

I am kind of devastated I paid a bit of money for this reptipro only for it to be used :( I bought it from incubators.org and no where did I see manufacture refurbished units anywhere you can tell it's clearly used as there are huge scuffs on it and it looks like something was spilled down the side of it :(... I would have never paid that much money for something that was used. It all seems to work and set at 103 the temp is 99 on the bottom but it has not been running 24 hours either. I like the looks and the turners in will be setting eggs in it on wedns so I guess time will tell...

I am kind of devastated I paid a bit of money for this reptipro only for it to be used
sad.png
I bought it from incubators.org and no where did I see manufacture refurbished units anywhere you can tell it's clearly used as there are huge scuffs on it and it looks like something was spilled down the side of it
sad.png
... I would have never paid that much money for something that was used. It all seems to work and set at 103 the temp is 99 on the bottom but it has not been running 24 hours either. I like the looks and the turners in will be setting eggs in it on wedns so I guess time will tell...

Did you call to ask for them to send you a new one? They are not supposed to be used or refurbished.

No, as I had egg coming that I spent a lot of money (Ayam) on already and I don't have a back up incubator. But in the future I will know.

Back
Top Bottom