Repurposed furniture "roof" suggestions

Madhouse Pullet

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Mar 18, 2014
California
I've repurposed a piece of furniture for one of my hens but I need some extra thoughts or suggestions on what to do for a roof.
I'm aiming toward simplicity right now but any input would help. Thanks in advance!
Resized_20231122_063048.jpeg
20240306_151100.jpg

For one of your hens? Outside or inside a coop? Maybe a little more detail would help.... I do love using old furniture for chicken coops. I've used it all for roofing: corrugated fiberglass and sheet metal, shingles, tin and non corrugated metal roofing. Just make sure to put on a slant (I keep assuming it's outdoors but I don't really know what the objective with just one hen is.) Good luck!

For one of your hens? Outside or inside a coop? Maybe a little more detail would help.... I do love using old furniture for chicken coops. I've used it all for roofing: corrugated fiberglass and sheet metal, shingles, tin and non corrugated metal roofing. Just make sure to put on a slant (I keep assuming it's outdoors but I don't really know what the objective with just one hen is.) Good luck!
Thank you for your response! 😆
It is going outside and I already have an existing flock but 1 of my hens is separated and laying on eggs so, I made her a coop/repurposed this furniture. I was looking for any suggestions for a roof to put on top of it so that i don't ruin the paint.
It's outdoor furniture paint but not sure that's weatherproof.

I will probably just put a plastic sheet of some kind.

Back
Top Bottom