Rescue chicken- questions

Do you know how old the chicken is?

Hackle feathers definitely say cockerel in that picture you provided. See how pointy they are and suspect the saddle feathers are the same pointy shape

Do you know how old the chicken is?

Hackle feathers definitely say cockerel in that picture you provided. See how pointy they are and suspect the saddle feathers are the same pointy shape

I have no clue how old they are. The saddle feathers are rounded and the hackles look like photos of hens I have seen so I am confused :/
This is the best photo I have so far

Attachments

• Pru.jpg
    Pru.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 9
When we got the chicken, they were a puffy mess. I am not sure which stage of life they are in. It looked like they had damage on the back of the head and the back feathers were gray and puffy and mostly removed which looked like rooster treading to me.
Thoughts? This chicken is stressing me lol.

If you can't have roosters then probably not a good idea to be rescuing chickens, Chickens shouldn't be bringing on this type of stress for you. May sound harsh but I would say re-home it and refrain from rescuing, if you want and can have chickens where you live but not roosters, buy a couple of laying hens as they need more than one in the first place as they are flock birds.

If you can't have roosters then probably not a good idea to be rescuing chickens, Chickens shouldn't be bringing on this type of stress for you. May sound harsh but I would say re-home it and refrain from rescuing, if you want and can have chickens where you live but not roosters, buy a couple of laying hens as they need more than one in the first place as they are flock birds.
I can have chickens here but it was not the desired outcome and as per my "lol" I would not say that it stresses me out for real other than if this is a rooster I have to make a decision. I have a flock of 8 laying hens presently....this little one is in quarantine for their newness.

This bird would have died outside alone so I prefer to have them to the other possible outcome.

Attachments

• Pru.jpg
    Pru.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom